CONSTRUCTION OVERSIGHT / PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
Few firms in the country can match WHI’s successful track record in the construction industry. WHI will bring to your team the highest caliber consultant with the background needed to most effectively support your construction project.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT / CONSTRUCTION OVERSIGHT
WHI consultants will work with owners to increase the potential for successful project completion – on time, within budget, and free of financial or legal complications. WHI consultants have realized these results for owners, and we can achieve them for you, too. Our oversight services range from pre-construction to post-construction tasks, and our expertise encompasses a job in its entirety. Throughout the project, WHI will provide you with extensive construction experience, all with the intention of protecting your interests.
WHI will work with you during the pre-construction phase to ensure that all parties understand their responsibilities on the job, and to provide a strong foundation for a well-coordinated project.
The scope of WHI’s responsibilities during pre-construction encompasses the following:
- collaborating on the choice of the delivery system;
- facilitating the selection of the construction team;
- reviewing the contracts to avoid duplication among architect, contractor, and owner;
- reviewing the general conditions for contract administration;
- evaluating the schedule for feasibility; and
- examining the constructability of the project to avoid costly change orders.
CONSTRUCTION PHASE SERVICES
Throughout the project, WHI consultants will stay involved and evaluate the project from the owner’s perspective, avoiding surprises and misunderstandings, and continuing to maintain the quality of the project. If WHI has not been involved in the project from the beginning, our experienced consultants can join your team on any of these tasks:
- reviewing and monitoring the construction schedule;
- monitoring shop drawing submittals, fabrication and delivery of project materials;
- examining and evaluating change orders for reasonableness of cost and time impact on the schedule;
- administering the project and implementing cost controls;
- reviewing disputed issues;
- implementing dispute prevention techniques;
- attending job meetings; and
- preparing progress reports.
POST CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
Post construction services tie up critical loose ends. WHI’s skilled attention to post-construction concerns brings the job to a successful conclusion. WHI’s support during the final phases of your project includes:
- resolving any outstanding issues or disputes;
- implementing contract close-outs;
- obtaining and reviewing operation and maintenance manuals;
- monitoring punch list and warranty work; and
- assisting in obtaining temporary certificates of occupancy and certificates of occupancy.
Do you have a project you need help with? If so, click on the link below or feel free to send us an email or call at one of our office listed below.